Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Photo update

Here are a few shots of what's been going on around here the last week.
 
We weaned yesterday, and it's 101 degrees today. Earliest and hottest round of weaning that I can remember.
 
 
 
We pulled bulls. Not this one, he isn't ours. But I thought he made a nice picture sitting under his own private tree, swatting flies and watching traffic.



 Here are our bulls, getting their pecking order re-established for the winter.



 And here they are about to continue their argument from the previous photo after we showed them where the water is.



 My wonderful grandmother turned 90. Here she is with all her grandchildren. The weekend before her party, we threw a surprise party for my mom. It's been an August of celebrating around here : )



I finally saw a part of the fire that burned to within a half mile of my aunt and uncle's home, and was much closer to some of their neighbors homes and buildings, as you can see here. This fire burned over 63,300 acres in the Black Hills of northeastern Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment