Monday, April 26, 2010

Dogs and bulls and mud, oh my!

Emmie, Pearl and I went home this weekend to shear, then we got 2 1/2" of rain and that was the end of that. But, the new bulls I bought a couple months ago had been delivered, so I had to get some pictures of them, of course.


Saturday morning dawned sunny and bright. The bulls are safely locked in the corral this time of year. Well, kind of safely locked in. The calves tore out the entire side of the pen in the above picture last fall and we have the new posts set but the continuous fence isn't up. But anyway, part of having them under lock and key is feeding them.


Since I was taking pictures anyway I was given the task of moving the bulls out of the pen so dad could put the hay bale in their feeder. I used my dogs because they were already a mess and they really love the opportunity to chase anything. (That's not mud they're covered in either, and after a really good bath both still smell faintly of manure)


After getting everyone moved I started happily snapping away. Well, Pearl was obviously not happy with this guy's pose and being the tough little gal she is, she just decided to move him.


She literally has no fear.


This is my favorite!


And where, you may ask, was Emmie during this little show? She was wisely standing on the other side of the fence, thinking, "Pearl, you're gonna get stuck, I wouldn't do that if I were you."


Yep, Pearl got stuck, look at her face..."Heather, seriously, put down the camera and help me."


"I mean it, put the *#%@ camera down, this is no time to be taking pictures, help me!"

Have no fear, she survived without a scratch and was back at the harassment a couple minutes later.

1 comment:

  1. awww, this is so cute! Maybe I could use this for a NGC DOGS blog post.... I have a lot of things going on right now, but I definitely want to feature some of your work. I'll be in touch soon, Heather! Hope you and Holly got your postcards :)

    BTW, I have a new website, if you want to adjust your subscriptions!

    www.passportinmypocket.com

    ReplyDelete