Monday, August 22, 2011

Miscellany Monday

I'm just linking up like crazy on this post, with both Miscellany Monday, at lowercase letters, and the Homestead Barn Hop, through The Prairie Homestead

Miss Anna, over at Life Be Delicious (I told you I would be linking like crazy) does Miscellany Monday - I always enjoy her posts, and thought it would be a great way to catch you up on what's been happening around here lately.

(one) My mom and dad returned home after my dad had surgery to remove part of his intestine (he had diverticulitis) last Tuesday. He's doing great, and we're praying his recovery continues to go well!

(two) My brother and I gathered the last of our bulls out of our cows today, and can check that task off our summer to-do list!

(three) I really have the best boyfriend in the world! Case in point - he spent several days at our place last week to help out while my dad was in the hospital. By help out, I mean he helped set railroad tie braces in a new fence, gather and sort cattle, take my sister and I to the state fair for a day of fun, and on top of all that put up with me while I was stressing to the max over my dad and all the summer projects we had going on. Beyond a great guy!

(four) I have a lot of office/writing work to dive into tomorrow, and if it's as hot outside as it has been, I won't mind typing away in the air conditioned house at all!

(five) Despite several summer storms rolling by, we haven't fought anymore fire since this one, and feel blessed to say that.


(six) The piglet picture has nothing to do with anything, so it fits the "miscellaneous" theme perfectly! I took it at Adam's house a couple weeks ago. He has new puppies and piglets at his place right now, and they're all very cute and photogenic.


Hope your week is starting off great for you!

2 comments:

  1. Super CUTE picture of piglets...too bad they don't stay that cute! I have heard of tea cup pigs...Blessings from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pig photo and I hope you're dad is doing great and has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete