Monday, May 10, 2010

Shearing photos of choice

It is a chilly 40 degrees and raining here today. Yay for the rain, but wishing the temperature was about 10 degrees warmer. I want to be curled up on my couch today under about 4 blankets, with the dogs and a latte, watching good movie.
I will have to settle for turning up my space heater at work and putting my coat back on.

I thought about spreading these photos out over a few posts. But they were ready to go and I figured you always have the option of leaving, should you get bored. So here are some of my favorite pictures from shearing day, which was week ago today.
This is Pearl at the beginning of the day. This is the "before" photo. The "after" photo can be seen at the bottom, (in case you don't want to see the multitude of sheep pictures in between)


If there is ever a sheep magazine photo contest, this will be my entry. I am ready...I hope there is one someday.

The shearers have a lot of clipper blades, and they go through all of regularly and have to sharpen them.

Holly loves shearing. We aren't sure why, but she really enjoys it.













And this is Pearl at the end of the day. I wanted to do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment