Friday, January 4, 2013

Top posts of 2012

I have been in the land of no Internet for a while, but am back a couple days late to share my 2012 blog stats with you, and say a big "thank you!" to everyone who has continued to follow my blog, read my posts and take the time to comment and email me. I really enjoy hearing what you have to say in comments, and appreciate that you take the time to read what I post on here!
People from 10 countries read my blog, with the United States being at the top of the list, followed by Russia, then Canada. Roughly 3,000 page views occurred a month on the Double H blog, compared to just over half that in 2011.
The top posts of the year were as follows:

1. Pulling a Calf
It is great being able to show and explain what we do on the ranch, and this post highlights one such scenario where my dad pulls a calf to help out a first-calf heifer.

2. HSUS Targeting a Wyoming Pig Farm
HSUS put an undercover person at a Wyoming hog farm, and that person intentionally created situations that put workers in difficult positions, then secretly filmed it and added a lot of additional footage to make it look as terrible as possible. I never condone the mistreatment of animals, but I also think it's horrific when a person purposely puts animals and people in positions where one or both may be harmed, with the intent of creating inaccurate publicity for their cause.


3. Did you know: how much milk a dairy cow produces?
This question was posed to me during a classroom visit in 2012, and I was unable to answer it. I did some research, and sent the answer back to the classroom. Looks like I wasn't the only curious one.

Thank you all again, and stay tuned in 2013 for fun, excitement, pictures and stories from my life. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment