Friday, February 19, 2010

The Friday Countdown

Friday is dragging this week. Between not feeling 100% healthy, another big paper and beautiful, ski perfect weather outside it feels like I will be trapped at my desk with two printers and a headache as my only company forever.

Perhaps that's dramatizing things a bit, but it's been a long week.

The cool layout of pictures are courtesy of the boss. I took them at Booth's bull sale Tuesday and she made them look pretty in Indesign. You can also view them on a nice green background at the bosses blog.


One of them also graced the cover of this weeks Roundup, in addition to another cattle photo I took last summer. These long papers are starting to kick my butt, and I'm sure the boss is getting her fill of them too since she's the one that does most of the work (that's why I'm the assistant :)

The paper also features stories on the strong Wyoming seedstock market, Bryant Honeybee's, the grasshopper, winter horse health and some legislation information.

Come on, I know at least one of those had you leaning forward in your seat, begging for more. ;)
As for next week, it's looking like a 24 page paper at this point. Lots of advertising this time of year. Look for articles covering other Wyoming crop pests, features on Wyoming people and guest editorials covering current issues.

For now I am keeping my eyes on the prize of the weekend. In a few more hours I will be curled up on the couch with the dogs, watching TV or finishing my latest book, (I know, I have one hell of a social life, you don't have to tell me)

Saturday night might include a little poker with some friends. Unfortunately they don't play holdem (which aside from 5-card is poker in my Wyoming, LCCC influenced world) but I am always up for a gamble.

One other noteworthy event. It snowed yesterday and today in Casper and there hasn't been ANY wind!! It's beautiful, perfect winter weather with several inches of wet snow on the ground and warm (for February in Casper) temps! Big sigh for being trapped inside most of the day :(

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment