Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We headed south to Denver to have Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family.
That means we've been extra busy giving all our livestock extra feed, ensuring they have lots of water, and basically doing three days of work in the last two, so we can be gone tomorrow. As ranchers, we can't just leave anytime we want. A lot of planning and work goes into everyone in my family being gone at the same time, even if it's just for a day or two.
But, we're sure thankful we get to live the lives we do, in the place we do. We are very blessed, and wouldn't trade what we do for a living for anything!
Hope you all have safe travels and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across you blog and wanted to say how incredible your photos are. I have never been to Wyoming, or ever even on a ranch, and after seeing these pictures I feel like I am missing out. Anyway looking at your posts I had a question. Is there a reason that so many different types of fencing are used? Sometimes it is prefab metal units, sometimes it is all wooden and other times it is wood with wire between the openings. Since it appears that it is all for cattle, I was wondering why it seemed to change style randomly.

    Thanks, and keep up the great photos.

    ReplyDelete