Friday, February 5, 2010

Beauty Tips-Favorite Hair and Makeup products

I was inspired by Life of an Accidental Rhinestone Cowgirl to list my favorite beauty products. Her blog will likely be much more entertaining to read than mine so I recommend visiting it.
I don't spend a lot of time on beauty products, but after living with a girl whose mom cut hair I discovered the great world of hair products.

First, I LOVE Biolage products. I use their shampoo, conditioner, leave-in tonic (I was told this is especially good for blondes, maybe they just knew I would fall for that line) and various other styling products. It makes my hair feel like I just left the salon.
Catwalk hairspray works good for me too. It certainly doesn't make me taller or give me the legs of a supermodel, but I suppose nothing will. If you have seen me having a good hair day I have probably used it. Not that good hair days are common, mind you.
Treseme styling products work well for me too. They're cheap and add curl, volume or whatever else they're supposed to do. I don't like their shampoos and conditioners though, my hair feels like an oily mess whenever I try them.


My other top choice is Dove soap. I have incredibly dry, sensitive skin and it works for me, even in the windblown town of Casper. I use it instead of a body wash and have been kindly told by my brother that I smell like soap after showering...so it does block any other odors I guess.
As for makeup I always have Covergirl very black mascara and eye shadows. The brown/tan ones with 3 or 4 shadows in one compact are my favorite.Not that any of these products actually help me look better or will help you. But I like them and use them all the time.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I love those eye shadows too! I am so glad we all have blogging to keep up now!

    ReplyDelete