Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NWSS

This week I am at the National Western Stock Show (NWSS) in Denver, Colorado. I have been busy navigating slick and snow packed roads in the new Roundup vehicle (which makes me even more nervous about Denver traffic), sloshing through the muddy and icy yards, taking in the booths on the hill, and interviewing the person for our feature spot in this weeks paper.
Today I am attending the International Livestock Congress for the paper. Of everything I've attended in the last year for the Roundup, this is the one I found most educational and was most looking forward to attending again. It covers a number of international agriculture topics, and provides a great look into agriculture worldwide.
I am very excited about the topics being covered today.
For instance, I just learned that the top 10 in demand jobs in 2010 didn't exist in 2004, and that one out of 8 couples married last year met online, and that predictions are that by 2049 a $1,000 computer will exceed the intelligence of the entire human race.
These tidbits were listed to demonstrate that the agriculture industry's consumer demographic is changing, and we have to be proactive and aggressive to keep up with them.
I'm sure in the days and weeks to come I will cover a number of the topics presented at the Congress, and the NWSS.

No comments:

Post a Comment