Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March Madness

Hooray for March! When I think of March I think of beautiful baby calves, spring storms and the first glimpse of green grass and pleasant temperatures. This is without a doubt my favorite time of year. There is so much going on where I'm from.
Well, there's lots going on where I'm at too. This will be the second week in a row we have a 24 page paper (I have to keep wearing my hair up so I don't look frazzled!) On top of that Casper has gone from zero to 90 when it comes to things to do.
The past weekend officially broke almost every fun weekend record I had (almost). Friday night was awesome. Well, actually it all started Friday afternoon when Christy convinced her bf to bring us margaritas around four in the afternoon, I had to go home and recover after that. That night at the Beacon was great fun too with an awesome band and lots of people I know! Then Saturday night was the Daryl Worley concert and I am now an official fan thanks to his great commentary and the fact that he sounds just as good live as on his albums. There was also dancing and perhaps a little flirting Saturday and night. Somewhere over the weekend I organized and put away the last (I hope I don't find any more) of my clothes, hung some curtains in my house, walked the dogs and cooked a roast with potatoes and carrots (mmm).
Also wore my new black Stetson boots dancing both nights and they didn't hurt my feet :)
I am now recovering from all that fun and preparing for the matched bronc riding, Baxtor Black concert and almost certain Beacon appearance this weekend. I enjoy life so much more when I'm busy!
I am also feeling a little left out because I know exactly what I'm missing at home. The cows are all clomping around in mud, looking like they're about to burst. The people are also happily clomping around in mud, which is something only people in Wyoming would be happy about. Then, in another couple weeks the first little calves will be born. Puppies and kittens don't have anything on a really cute calf!
The air is going from bitter cold and smelling like dirt to teasingly warm at times with hints of springtime smells. Everything is coming back to life and all the senses seem to perk up after the dull winter months.
I guess what I'm getting at is that regardless of where I'm at in Wyoming, it's a great place to be in the springtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment